Saturday 7 July 2012

Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadow - Review


Turquoise forever, permanent tape. on and on bronze, Maybelline Color Tatoo Review Eyeshadow, Blog MAC makeup beauty

I have had these for a few months now and tested throughly.  These are the very much sought after Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadows.  These are very popular and sold out a lot in stores regularly.  Main reason for this being how they are compared to MAC Paint Pots and they actually live up to this claim! 

I have three of the colors:  Permanent Taupe, On and On Bronze and Turquoise Forever.

 These come in solid jars with lids which fasten nice and tightly so the product does not dry up.  I have had these for a while now, at least 2 months and they are still as smooth as they were on day one...

You get 4 grams of product which is less than what appears to the eye because of the glass packaging, making it look like there is more in there! 


I am not on to use cream eyeshadows (just personal preference).  I sue these as an eyeshadow base or an eyelines and they work amazingly well for these purposes as wekl as cream eyeshadows. 

I have tried every color in this range and they all have 10/10 pigmentation.  The color is opaque, some matte (Permanent Taupe) and some on the shimmery side (Turquoise Forever).    

In my opinion, I think the Maybelline Color Tattoo 24hr Eyeshadows  are better than MAC Paint Pots.  Over the years I have bought several Paint Pots from MAC and have found them all to dry out and some to drag when applying onto the lid.  I know MAC Paint Pots are popular products but they really were just not for me.

 These however, go on so smooth and just melt right onto the lid when applied on.  They are lightweight easy to place onto the eyes.

Turquoise forever, permanent tape. on and on bronze, Maybelline Color Tatoo Review Eyeshadow, Blog MAC makeup beauty
L-R:  Turquoise Forever, Permanent Taupe and On and On Bronze

Like all other cream eyeshadows, these need to be blended in before they set.  Once set, they wear really well through the day.  Now I don't know about 24hrs as per the claim, lol but I have worn them for 8-10 hours and they have fared really well.  

These are a great buy and a must-have for cream eeyeshadow lovers. They make an amazing base underneath similar coloured eyeshadows to make colours more vibrant and pop.  Like I said, in my opinion better than MAC Paint Pots, but others may not agree.. why not try for yourself. 

These retail for £4.99 at Boots and Superdrug store - Watch out for the 3 for 2 offers! :)  

~ Shez ~ 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do give me your feedback here. Also feel free to request any product review, makeup related questions, looks etc :)

I read every post and will reply within 48 hours! Xxx