Wednesday 18 July 2012

Embryolisse Baume Riche - Review




embryolisse, baume riche, review, blog, beauty, hydra mat, hydra-mat, moisturiser, balm, cold cream

Dry, irritated and sensitive skin is one of the worst things for me personally as I feel its something that makeup can not even cover sufficiently and sets back from receiving that flawless finish.

Recent problems with my skin left me searching for a moisturiser that would cut it and would revert my skin back to hydration!

I finally decided to go with the Embryolisse Baume Riche


Embryolisse is the renowned French company known for their very effective moisturisers and a ffirm favourite in the kit of makeup artists to use as a moisturiser, primer and a makeup remover!

Embryolisse Baume Riche is claimed to be an ultra-concentrated cold cream which acts as a balm to nourish, repair and protect the skin. It contains natural nutrients like olive, extract, shea butter and white beeswax.



embryolisse, baume riche, review, blog, beauty, hydra mat, hydra-mat, moisturiser, balm, cold cream




embryolisse, baume riche, review, blog, beauty, hydra mat, hydra-mat, moisturiser, balm, cold cream


The balm/cream itself is a rich emollient and smells pleasant but not too over powering. It smooths onto the skin really easily. Since it is an intensive, rich moisturiser/balm, it does sit on the skin for a while, but is perfect for night-time to replenish you skin fully.



embryolisse, baume riche, review, blog, beauty, hydra mat, hydra-mat, moisturiser, balm, cold cream


After using creams, oils and all sorts for my dry parched skin, first time after 1-2 weeks I found my skin was not stretchy feeling or paper dry feeling. It had sunk into the skin and I could still feel the effects of it after 10 hours of sleep.

A little goes a long way and because of its expensive price tag, you really do not want to waste this.

I was reluctant and putting off buying this for a few months as its steep in price and I reckon over-hyped. However, I am glad I did. It is different from all other creams I have and perfect for those SOS skin days. Its calmed down my redness in the skin and my face feels truely hydrated after a night of this. I will continue to use this and give an updated review perhaps, if you would like? To see how it is long term....



embryolisse, baume riche, review, blog, beauty, hydra mat, hydra-mat, moisturiser, balm, cold cream


It does contain Mineral Oil as the second ingredient which may be bothersome to some people. I am not too fussed by this because I think the mineral oil particles are too big to be able to penetrate the skin and cause any damage to it, but this may bee something you want to be aware of if it is something you like to avoid in skincare.

This is perfect for thise with dry skin conditions, people on acne treatments such as Benzyl Peroxide, which strip the skin dry. It would also be a good one for those trying to pass the affter-effectss of chemical peels etc.

Embryolisse Baume Riche costs £21.95 in the UK for a 40ml so it does not come cheap but I would definitely repurchase this so I have it handy when I really need my dryness and sensitivity seen to! I am also drying out the Embryolisse Hydra-Mat for during the day and as a base under my foundation.

~ Shez ~

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do give me your feedback here. Also feel free to request any product review, makeup related questions, looks etc :)

I read every post and will reply within 48 hours! Xxx