Saturday 28 July 2012

Illamasqua Mini Lipstick Haul





illamasqua, lipstick, review, swatch, blog, perilious, drench






I <3 Illamasqua as a brand, its the most edgiest out there! Currently, they have a crazy cheap sale on and I didn not want to miss out :)

I picked up these two bold colored lippies for less than half price!





illamasqua, lipstick, review, swatch, blog, perilious, drench





illamasqua, lipstick, review, swatch, blog, perilious, drench

Illamasqua lipstick in Drench is a matte Pinky Red with berry tones and is a very unique color. I have nothing quite like this shade so I can justify the buy, lol.

It's almost fully opaque but not quite. Illamasqua Drench lipstick can be applied lightly for wearable daytime berry looks. For a more vampy look it can be layered for a much deeper hue.

The matte finish of this lipstick does not compromise on the gorgeous texture. It does not drag on the lips and applies beautifullu. Its not drying at all, wears off nicely after a few hours, leaving a nice stain on the lips a la Benefit's Benetint!




illamasqua, lipstick, review, swatch, blog, perilious, drench


My second but was Illamasqua Perilous lipstick, a vibrant apricot orange with a matte texture and finish also. However, compared to Drench it is really dry, drags on the lips and emphasises any dryness on the lips so be sure to exfoliate and moisture well before using this one.




illamasqua, lipstick, review, swatch, blog, perilious, drench


The drying effect and feel of the lipstick cam be reduced by a lip primer or applying a balm/gloss on top.

Despite the bright shade of this lipstick, like Drench this can also be applied lightly and is a surprisingly wearable color. I love it and will be wearing it often paired with MAC Chestnut lipliner to neutralise the shade a little.




illamasqua, lipstick, review, swatch, blog, perilious, drench

Without flash




With flash

The dryness of Illamasqua Perilious may be bothersome to some, but for this color I am willing to work with it :)

The packing of the lipsticks is right up my street. A glossy shiny black case, which clicks shit tightly and looks oh so pretty in my collection!

Illamasqua lipsticks are normally £15.50 each. I got these for an absolute bargain price of £5 - eek! The excitement for these two was crazy, lol..

The sale is still on so grab these whilst you can from the Illamasqua website - www.illamasqua.com/shop/

~ Shez ~

2 comments:

  1. I absolutely love the Orange shade very pretty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah jess... I love it too.. Still need to wear it properly! Thats why i said i dont care about the dryness, that colors worth it :)

      Delete

Please do give me your feedback here. Also feel free to request any product review, makeup related questions, looks etc :)

I read every post and will reply within 48 hours! Xxx