Thursday 19 July 2012

Marks & Spencer - Limited Collection - Bronzer Review

marks and spencer, m&s, limited collection, bronzer, review, swatch, dark, light, matte, contour, blog, beauty, makeup

I absolutely LOVE to contour and feel it truely lifts and accentuates the shape of your face.  So, I am always on the lookout for contour powders.  Drugstores still need to catch on with the matte contour powder/bronzer concept as apart from Sleek Face Contour Kit all seem to have shimmer in them!

Shimmer does not contour as the glitter in it does anything but create a shadow. Marks & Spencer have a bronzer which is matte in their Limited Collection which I snapped up to try.


marks and spencer, m&s, limited collection, bronzer, review, swatch, dark, light, matte, contour, blog, beauty, makeup

This bronzer is available in 2 shades, Light and Dark, I picked up the Dark.  I check out the Light one at the store and it will be great for really pale skin tones to contour and bronze without looking muddy.

It is in a cardboard box, similar to Benefit makeup.  I will not be travelling with this and will be in my kit at home so this is not a problem for me and I do not actually mind such packaging.  The bronzer appears to have tiny specks of gold in it but when applied nothing actually translates onto the skin, which is a good thing! The powder is a bit similar to the blushes, flies away a little but it's not too bad.

marks and spencer, m&s, limited collection, bronzer, review, swatch, dark, light, matte, contour, blog, beauty, makeup

The Marks & Spencer Limited Collection Bronzer is a medium brown.  It is a bit orangier than I would normally prefer as a contour shade but still works.

It is best to apply a little at a time and build if more is needed to avoid the orangey base tone looking obvious on the face.  I applied this on a powdered face, to matte out my moisturizer and it blended well. It had a good effect and gave the depth in my cheekbones I was looking for. Pictures below are with the bronzer only, no blush, highlighter or anything else.

marks and spencer, m&s, limited collection, bronzer, review, swatch, dark, light, matte, contour, blog, beauty, makeup

marks and spencer, m&s, limited collection, bronzer, review, swatch, dark, light, matte, contour, blog, beauty, makeup

marks and spencer, m&s, limited collection, bronzer, review, swatch, dark, light, matte, contour, blog, beauty, makeup

Overall, this is not bad and not amazing.  I still prefer my Sleek Contour Kit from drugstore range available and my high-end powders I have but this is still a nice enough product to check and have in your kit. I do like the packaging and its affordable too.

Marks & Spencer Limited Collection Bronzer costs £5.00 from M&S stores for 7grams of product.

INGREDIENTS:  Talc, Synthetic Wax, Isostearyl Neopentanoate, Mica, Nylon-12, Silica, Simmondsia Chinensis Seed Oil, Tocopheryl Acetate, Aluminium Hydroxide, CI 77491, CI 77492, CI77891.

~ Shez ~ 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please do give me your feedback here. Also feel free to request any product review, makeup related questions, looks etc :)

I read every post and will reply within 48 hours! Xxx